Saturday 4 February 2017

Tasha Tries: Pie Society & GP Ceilidh

Pie Society in P staircase:
Without any exaggeration Friday’s inaugural Friday Pie-Soc might be the high-point of my Lent term. The P staircase, spearheaded by pie-chef extraordinaire Isaac, invited the rest of college into their gyp room, out of which were coming delicious and piping hot cherry-almond and banana-custard pies. Banana being my favourite dessert ingredient, my choice of pie was obvious, and served with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, I think I attained nirvana. My only regret is that in sheer exhilaration (or worry the ice cream would melt), I probably ate my pie too quickly could have savoured the flavour more – but luckily there is always next Friday pie-day.

GP Ceilidh:
I went to soak up the Gaelic culture and learn a few moves to try out at Cindies, but the brilliant surprise was the spread that went with it – brownies, apple pies, chocolate cake, guacamole and tortilla chips. Not to mention the beverages (of which the coca cola was surprisingly effective relief for my tonsillitis).
Look out for Tasha's take on this week's pies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment